Micaela & Ryan’s Airlie Gardens Wedding Highlights
Micaela and Ryan’s wedding was truly the perfect blend of elegance, southern hospitality and downright fun! The couple met their senoir year in high school in 2004 and have dated ever since. 10 years later, on May 31st, Micaela & Ryan said “I do”. As always, I adore getting to meet my couple, and their pooch Fenway, during their engagement shoot in Raleigh’s Mordecai Park. When I learned that Micaela and I shared a mutual adoration for the band First Aid Kit, I knew we were a match made in heaven. Their wedding was just wonderful, and here are some of my favorite moments:
– From the start there was so much love being poured out on the couple. As Micaela dressed into her wedding gown, I was so touched at how sweet and genuine Micaela’s bridesmaids and especially her mother, was about how beautiful she looked.
– The wedding at Airlie Gardens was so beautiful! The smell of all the blooms was heavenly!
– The band, Stray Local was a huge hit!
– Micaela and Ryan’s love truly is a thing of beauty, they are so well matched and compliment each other so well. Just look at their first dance photos! True love!
– Lastly, I just loved how they had fun at the reception by adding fun hats, feather boas, pirate patches and even some hilarious pool toys 🙂
The wedding wouldn’t have been a success without the team of awesome vendors!
The day was flawlessly coordinated by the wonderful Jill White.
DJ: Absolute Best DJ
Cake: Burgaw Bakery
Florist: Kim Fisher
Caterer and Reception Venue: 128 South
Words of Advice from the Bride:
Don’t sweat the small stuff and half way through your wedding night assign someone bring you a glass of wine and tell you to dance and have fun.
I’m so glad we had a day of planner. I loved the cake and Kim Fisher did an AMAZING job with the flowers. The DJ did a great job of playing a good mix of music while also considering our rquests. The band Stray Local was the highlight of the wedding. I highly recommend them!
Kelly- you did a great job! We will def keep you in mind for future life events. I have gotten so many compliments your photos!