Advice from the Pros: Pre-Ceremony Thoughtfulness
From our hearts to yours. We mean it! It seems like every wedding we shoot someone tells us “I don’t know how you do weddings, they seem so stressful” To us, it truly isn’t like that, it’s a gift to be a part of something so amazing! After 4 years of having the honor of being a part of so many wonderful weddings, we want to start sharing some insight from us, the pros, about how to savor your wedding day. Today begins our first of many blog posts we are going to share regarding how to make your wedding day even more special with today’s post focusing on the pre-ceremony timeframe.
The common mistake we see with the pre-ceremony timeframe is that many couples see it as a necessary obstacle to get through before the fun begins. That is not true! Your wedding day begins as soon as you wake up. So many weddings are an opportunity to be with friends and family you don’t see every day and it’s important to treasure this opportunity to make sure you get to be together as much as possible. Here is a list of great prep work you can do to get ready for the pre-ceremony before the day arrives:
- Prep a Bluetooth speaker and a killer playlist! Some apps like Pandora have “wedding day” playlists. Make sure to assign someone as official DJ and make sure that the tunes are playing while you get ready.
- Have an agenda. Think about who, what, when, and where. Who do you want to be around you, especially the bride when she is getting the dress on? Make sure Mom isn’t too busy running around to miss out on helping get your dress on. Plan for hair and makeup to take longer than expected! What about Dad? Lots of brides love to have a special moment for Dad to see them once they are finished dressing. At Anchored in Love we work very hard to help you make a timeline for your wedding day. Let us know if we can help you make sure you have enough time for everything your heart desires.
- Prayer. There is something so sweet about taking time to pray with your bridesmaids/groomsmen, family, or even with your soon to be spouse. We love it when couples plan a time to reach around a doorway and pray before the ceremony. It helps to center their minds and hearts on what this day is all about.
- Don’t forget to eat and drink! Make sure to have a member of your bridal party in charge of reminding you to stay hydrated and full. Things get crazy once the ceremony starts and no one wants to be hangry on their wedding day!
- Piggybacking off the agenda tip, plan to take a moment to appreciate the special people who are with you. Write them a note, give them a small gift, look into their eyes and take the chance to show them the love you have in your heart. Nothing makes a wedding day sweeter than when there is love, not only between the bride and groom, but everyone present. What a great chance to stop time and celebrate all that you are and the people who have helped you along this road to matrimony.
- One popular option as well is to consider is a first look, where the bride and groom see each other before the ceremony. There is so much to share on that topic that we are going to wait and touch on it in another post.
In summary, take time to prepare and plan! Your wedding day will be full of so much more love, joy, and special moments of you plan for them. You will be surrounded by good vibes, tunes, and food as you get ready for one of the best days of your life!